MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
We have an excellent opportunity in our Long Island City, NY location for a Project Sales Engineer to join the team.
The Project Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting in the design of daylighting/shading system solutions for Class A building new construction retrofit.
* Review architectural drawings and implement proper product design to meet building design and specifications.
* Review construction drawings from design-development (DD) stage to construction document (CD) set and implemented proper design changes where necessary.
* Prepare cost report analyses regarding value engineering (VE) options.
* Assist in scope meetings to ascertain the intentions of all project designers.
* Work with Sales team in order to implement proper product design solution to new project opportunities.
* Provide technical response to design challenges with emphasis on window treatments, controls and automation.
* Coordinate pricing response to budgets and request for quotes from national dealer base.
* Attend job site meetings with designers to consult on product solutions for projects; participants include architects, engineers, owners reps and construction managers.
* Project manage sales pipeline: establish sales milestones and follow-up opportunity status until opportunity is won or lost.
* Assist in developing sales strategy by evaluating competition, budgets and performance requirements.
* Assist in developing budgets for labor to install product and wiring.
* Assist in developing lighting, dimming and daylight solutions.
* Minimum 2 years electrical or mechanical project management experience gained in a manufacturing environment or an MEP firm.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management required.
* Continuing education/certification for Project Management preferred.
* PC proficiency & strong communication skills, verbal and written.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
* Familiarity with Autodesk Ecotect preferred.
To apply please click on the "Apply for this job online" link above and submit your resume.
MechoSystems offers a full suite of benefits including Health and Dental, 401K, paid time off, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Please no phone calls or Recruiters. Qualified applicants will be contacted.